Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pattycake and Duke

Yesterday I (Simon and Cool's mom) volunteered at the local San Diego county animal shelter. I've been volunteering since January, about twice a month, walking, interacting and caring for dogs.

There are so many animals that need homes. With the economy the way it is, and number of foreclosures, pet owners have unfortunately been left to give up their beloved pets. This is a tell-tale sign by the number of animals in the shelters.

As a way to help promote these animals find their second chance/forever homes, I've decided to Blog about my experiences with the dogs I meet.

Pattycake

Pattycake is a sweet black and tan Miniature Pinscher/Chihuahua mix. She is very affection and well mannered 6 year old pup. When we went for a walk, she was very easy on the leash, was very energetic and liked to sit in my lap when we took breaks. Pattycake would make a wonderful pet for any family.
ID #A1314498
Tag #C998
Kennel #C30

Duke

Duke is an energetic Labrador Retriever/Sharpei mix. He is 4 years old and loves to play fetch. We played tug in the courtyard which he also loves. He is a strong dog who does not tire easily (unlike me). Luckily, I kept up with Duke and when he finally took a break, I tried teaching him how to sit using treats. He got the hang of it after a few tries.
ID # is A1303441
Tag# C492
Kennel #C033,


No comments: